Glass running pliers made of high-quality plastic for assisting in the breaking of complex curves. A window affords optimum sight of the cut.
Reach from edge of glass: 30 mm.
Replacement pressure plates also available (200.221B).
Please see our product 200.207 for a metal version of this tool from Silberschnitt.
Instructions for use – Ringstar curve running pliers
To get the feel of the pliers, its best to practice on some scrap glass.
- With a good oil-filled glass cutter, score a curved line on your glass, ensuring it’s a good even score.
- Place the pliers over the end of the score at one edge of the glass with the viewing window uppermost.
- Position the score centrally in the window and apply pressure to start the score running, (grasping the pliers near the end of the handles gives best leverage).
- Reposition the pliers a few millimetres before the point where the score stopped running previously, apply even pressure once more, running the score and repositioning at intervals along the curve.
- Half way along, or where the score changes direction, start running the score again from the other end, meeting somewhere towards the middle.